Social Impact Tour to Anandwan 1N, Hemalkasa 1N, Somnath 1N & Tadoba (Only 1 Safari)
- Depart from Pune for Wardha
Guests shall report at pre-decided location of departure as communicated by Tour leaders in the Pre Tour Session.
- Arrive Wardha – Anandwan (Stay)
Arrive at Wardha. Proceed to Anandwan. Anandwan, which literally means ‘Forest of Joy’, is the realization of a dream of one man – Baba Amte and his team of volunteers. Upon arrival, get inspired by exploring Anandwan and its numerous projects. Stay Overnight.
–Breakfast –Lunch -Dinner
- Anandwan – Tadoba- Hemalkasa (Stay)
Early morning depart for Tadoba Safari. Breakfast shall be served at Tadoba National Park. Experience the exhilarating morning jeep/canter Safari. If luck favours, you will be amazed to have a sighting of the magnificent Royal Bengal Tiger in its own territory.
After safari and lunch proceed towards Hemalkasa. Stay overnight at Hemalkasa.
Extra Topping: Tea / Coffee and Light Snacks enroute Anandwan- Hemalkasa
–Breakfast -Lunch -Dinner
- Hemalkasa – Somnath (Stay)
Under Baba’s guidance his son Dr. Prakash Amte pioneered the Lokbiradari Project at Hemalkasa. Individual Lokbiradari Project today has a Hospital, Hostel School and a few extension activities for the Madia Gond Tribe. Amte’s Animal Orphanage or the ‘Amte’s Animal Ark’ is a must visit here. Later in afternoon after lunch proceed to Somnath – the agriculture project by Maharogi Sewa Samiti. Stay overnight at Somnath
–Breakfast -Lunch -Dinner
- Somnath- Depart for Pune
This morning explore Somnath. Baba had envisioned Somnath to be a village where cured leprosy patients could live together and build a village with their own blood, sweat and toil. Present day Somnath has about 550 residents, most leprosy patients, and 1,000 acres of 1,300 acres which Baba Amte was allowed to retain, is cultivated. Those inclined to agriculture and natural resources conservation would just love this project. Later in the afternoon proceed to Wardha for departure to Pune.
-Breakfast -Lunch -Dinner
- Reach Pune
Tour Dates 2019-2020
- 19 Nov(Depart)-24 Nov (Arrival) 2019
- 22 Jan(Depart)-27 Jan (Arrival) 2020
- Accommodation is very basic in Anandwan, Hemalkasa and Somnath. There will be dormitories or 6/8 bedded rooms. Food is also vegetarian and very basic.
- On tour Guests are requested to carry 2 photo copy (xerox) of any Photo ID proof (Except Pan Card) i.e. Passport / Driving Licence / Voter’s ID along with them. Also submit a copy of the same at the time of booking.
- Children / Students are requested to carry Original & 2 photo copy (xerox) of school or College Photo Identity card along with them. Also submit a copy of the same at the time of booking.
- According to the new rule of “Tadoba National Park Authority” using Mobile phone is strictly prohibited during safari. In case Forest Authority / Officer finds any individual violating the law, will have to face legal actions and may also have to leave the National park on immediate basis. In this scenario, Opash will not be responsible for any kind of refund or compensation.
- Dry snacks and Filtered Water throughout the tour
- Caring Tour Managers throughout the tour.
Please Note: The above mentioned programme is subject to change without prior notice. Any extra expenses incurred due to any weather problems, technical issues, forced instances, natural calamities, political disturbances, strikes that cause delays or postponement or entail extra night stay and addition