Notice: Undefined variable: args in /home/opashadmin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/opt_v189srq/ark-relatedpost.php on line 371
Company Name: Bharat Electronics Ltd.
Date:9th May 2018
Sexual harassment of a woman in workplace is of serious concern to humanity on the whole. It cannot be construed to be in a narrow sense, as it may include sexual advances and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature. The victims of sexual harassment face psychological and health effects like stress, depression, anxiety, shame, guilt and so on. In this regard, to tackle the problem of sexual harassment, the Ministry of Women and Child Development, by a Notification dated December 9, 2013 passed the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 which became effective from December 9, 2013. The Ministry also made the rules with regard to the same effective from the same date. These rules are called the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Rules, 2013.
“Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplaces” (POSH) is applicable to all enterprises private or public, big or small and has serious penal liability for non- compliance under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013.
POSH Compliances include –
• Formulating POSH policy and guidelines for the institute as required by the Act
• Constituting and orienting POSH committee
• Sensitization and Awareness generation
• Complaints management
• Case investigation & suggesting management action
• Drafting annual disclosure reports
Training For Internal Committee
Duration : Full day ( 8 hours )
• History of the issue
• Notorious cases of sexual harassment due to which the laws were made and amended time to time
• Interactive games to imbibe the philosophy of gender equality and gender justice
• Details about Law
• Procedure to create internal committee and its validity
• Roles, responsibilities and entitlements of employer, internal committee and district level local committee etc.
• Hierarchy of complaint management
• Case studies – To inculcate insights and judgements while handling the real time cases
• Role plays – To help develop the skill to understand the psyche of various people involved in the case
• Documentation and recording of meetings, case proceeding, end results etc.
• Documentation with respect to compliance and annual reporting
Glimpses of the training: http://opash.co.in/posh-ic-member-training-bharat-electronics-ltd/